When is my work considered running my own business?
Your activity is considered running your own business if:
- Your activity concerns a personally operated business, such as a sole tradership or a partnership (Danish: I/S)
- Your activity concerns a corporation of which you or your spouse, individually or with close family*, own at least 50%. This applies for example if your business is an ApS or an A/S
- You are active in the role of an assisting spouse with no wage agreement with your spouse under the provisions of the Tax at Source Act
- Your activity is registered with the central business register (CVR) or an SE number
- Profits or losses from your activity are taxed as an own business
You must personally work in connection with the activity, which must have a commercial aim.
* Close family means: Your own or your spouse’s children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents and siblings.