Excel for business students
This course is just the thing, if you have little experience using Microsoft Excel, or if you only have limited knowledge about Excel and want to advance your level.
TIME AND PLACE
ABOUT THE EVENT
Content at the course
The course gives you good advice and tricks that make it easier to navigate in Excel. The content of the webinar is divided into two parts:
1) A theoretical part with a review of the different functions and formulas
2) A practical part with exercises and problem solving.
You will learn smart functions and work with related exercises. Topics includes:
• Simple functions - to make Excel easier
• Conditional functions - when specific values have to be fulfilled
• Lookup functions – to search for specific values in the dataset
• Advanced functions and formulas – when simple functions are not enough
• Pivot tables – to summarize comprehensive dataset into smaller data tables
• Pivot diagrams – to visual represent a dataset in relevant diagrams
The course is relevant for all CA student members. It is however a prerequisite that you have used Excel before and want to learn more about the possibility Excel holds.
Prerequisites for attending the course
It is expected that you have:
• A basic knowledge about Excel and can navigate comfortable in an Excel-spreadsheet
• A basic know-how of working with numbers and cells in Excel
You have to download the teaching material before the course take place. You can download the material by clicking on the link in the confirmation mail which you will receive after signing up for the course.
You have to use a laptop (PC or Mac) with MS Excel installed (version 2010 or newer).
The teacher will be using a Mac laptop with an English version of MS Excel installed (Microsoft Excel 365)
The teachers are M.Sc. students from Copenhagen Business School.
the webinar is held via Adobeconnect. You get the best experience if you install the Adobeconnect application on your PC. Here's how:
First go to the site https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-downloads-updates.html
1. Scroll down to "Meeting Applications for Adobe Connect" - approx. halfway down the page.
2. Find the version that fits the computer you are sitting at - It is typically one of the first two you need, for your PC or MAC.
3. Select "Install" and you are done and ready to use the Adobe Connect program.
The day before you will receive a link to the webinar. Please note that your confirmation email may have ended up in your spam filter.
On the day itself, please log on in 5 -10 min. before the webinar starts to check sound and technique.
Register as a guest using both first name and last name. Use headsets for a better experience.