Activities as self-employed

Your work qualifies as self-employment if:

  • You work for your own personally owned business, e.g. a sole proprietorship or a partnership
  • You work for a company where you own at least 50% alone or together with your immediate family. For instance, this would be the case if you own a business via a private or public limited company
  • You work as an assisting spouse, and you do not have a wage agreement for tax purposes with your spouse in accordance with the provisions of the Danish Tax at Source Act (kildeskatteloven)
  • Your work is performed under a business registration number (CVR number)
  • The profit or loss from your work is taxable as self-employed income