You may carry on business within asset management with no actual operations. Asset management includes real estate rental, trading in own securities or leasing requiring no or very limited work in the business.
If you work no more than 5 hours a month in the business, it can be considered asset management. The up to 5 hours you can spend each month will not be set off against your benefits.
If you carry on asset management business, you’re not subject to the rule on a maximum number of terminations. Nor will you be subject to the 30-week limitation if you receive supplementary benefits.
- You’ll not be subject to the 30-week limitation if you receive supplementary benefits
- You’ll not be subject to the rule on only one termination per benefit period
- There will be no deductions from your benefits for the up to five hours you’re allowed to work each month
- The income cannot be used to earn benefits for a new benefit period
- The income cannot be used to calculate a new benefit rate.