As a new graduate, you may continue your student job even if you apply for benefits.

If you would like to do so, you must submit a copy of your contract and have your employer sign a release certificate.

We must receive the release certificate no later than 5 weeks after the first day on which you are entitled to unemployment benefits.

If you have a part-time job and your contract does not include a termination notice, you will not need to submit a release certificate. Instead, you must submit a copy of your contract. If you do not have a contract, you must complete the form Disclosure of activity as an employee together with your employer.

Read more about supplementary benefits

If you do not wish to continue your student job after completing your studies, it is important that you give notice and leave your job no later than the day BEFORE completing your study programme.

If you do it later, you will be subject to a suspension period and will not receive any benefits for the first 111 hours of unemployment. This corresponds to three weeks of full-time work.

The suspension period can only be served during a period in which you have the right to benefits. Therefore, any periods in which, for example, you are taking a holiday or are not a jobseeker for other reasons will not count.