Paternity/maternity benefits

If you are not paid a salary during all or part of your paternity/maternity leave, you can apply for social benefits.

Udbetaling Danmark (Public Benefits Administration) administers and pays out paternity/maternity benefits.

If you’re unemployed, it is important that you remember to contact CA on the day your paternity/maternity leave begins. Then we’ll make sure to inform Udbetaling Danmark about your paternity/maternity leave.

Read more about paternity/maternity leave while unemployed